Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ranty, rant, rant...

I missed posting yesterday because I literally slept all day yesterday. I have been soooo very tired the past few days, however, today is a little better.

I have sooo much to do in such a little time, trying to keep it all together right now but it's hard. Especially when you feel so tired that you MUST lay down, your body doesn't give you any other choice lol!

This more or less is a ranty rant rant post today haha. Several things have been irritating me as of lately, I could be more irritable just because of the medicine or the high doses of iron but either way I'm cranky, crankier then usual hahaha.

For example, my husband told me that the marine corps is now bringing down an order that they have to wear one of their nice uniforms EVERY Friday. Well he was told this the day before he went back to work from a 2 and half week holiday leave. That uniform is not ready and it is between paydays currently. Really marine corps?

I have several issues with this order like;
1) My husband is a technician, he works outside most of the time and gets filthy, you really think its a brilliant idea for him and his fellow marines to wear a uniform of that stature while getting filthy?! Now, there is a waiver process to get that waved for units like my husbands, however, who knows how long that process will take with their slow asses.
2) Some of the rules that they have been coming up with are straight up... 'Wtf were they thinking?!' lol! I'm not going to spend money out of pocket (when I have so many other things I need to pay for to live, like IDK BILLS?!) for a new uniform for my husband every Friday when he gets that uniform filthy. Also the person that came up with the 'sleeves down all year 'round' rule, you sir are just stupid. I wonder many how many people in the hotter parts of the country have passed out due to heat exhaustion? I will never understand how or why the marine corps thinks the way they do.
On a separate rant note;
I have been compared to most of the typical 'marine corps wifeys' as of late, mostly by military doctors that use the typical procedures for women like them on me. I have a HUGE problem with this.
3) I am soooo far from being a 'gung ho' 'marine corps/military wife', I am frowned upon by most of the marine corps and their trophy wives that some of these men find. I was raised a navy kid. Plain and simple. I tell it like it is whether people like it or not. I've yet to meet another 'marine corps wifey' that I like lol. I don't heavily party, drink, smoke or live that type of lifestyle, and that's why 99.9% of the time I don't fit in. I don't go marine corps balls, parties, etc. and my husband and I prefer it that way, thank you very much. I wish I could find more people that think and have morals like I do to hang out with, alas, it hasn't happened yet.

Okay so my ranty rant is done for the day. I have more that isn't military related but I am too annoyed to rant about it yet lol.

On a good note, our wedding anniversary is coming up:) 3 years on the 14th of this month. We haven't killed each other yet so that's a good sign! LMAO! I hope to have a nice stress free anniversary this year. Our relationship is a unique one indeed and we have had lots of hardships these past 3 years but, I hope it gets better from here.

Well I suppose I'm done being cranky here for the day haha!

XoXo- The Dark Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment