Saturday, January 5, 2013

Changes! HUGE Changes!

So today I'm making a HUGE jump towards managing something that has been crippling me for some years now. My psoriatic arthritis. It's odd that I've come to the terms of having this annoying little annoyance, well more like a pretty big annoyance.

Now I know there are a LOT of people out there with some form of arthritis, however, most of those people aren't only 22 years old. I have had psoriasis since I was 12 and started to develop the arthritis (which is rare) once I was about 16. I haven't tried any treatments, until today. Today is the big day. Starting today, I see if all the stress the past several years was worth it.

I'm not without my doubts or even fears. The medication is used in cancer patients after all! Methotrexate. The name I've dreaded hearing from 5 (yes! 5!) different rheumatologist's since I was 18. I now have a rheumatology doctor that I trust, which means a lot to me.

My husband is in the military, so here in the next few months he has orders to be a recruiter ('oh joyyy' was our exact thought) while it will be good for his career, I fear how it will impact my medicine routine. But, alas, I shall have to have faith in the lord (who I've lost faith in a many a time). But, this time I remain vigilant and want to make my life better.

This is partially why I created this blog. So that I could have an outlet to my fears, triumphs and low points. I am hoping and praying that this medicine will work as it has been acclaimed to and that I do not suffer really bad side effects.

I will write more later today as I have more time and while fearful to start methotrexate today, it is a big burden lifted off my shoulders as well.

-XoXo The Dark Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment